The RNZIH Education Trust is seeking someone who is passionate about horticulture, to join our fun and energetic board as our new secretariat. As well as being part of organizing the Young Horticulturist Competition, becoming the Board Secretary offers opportunities to develop your personal skills and gain broader perspective on the horticulture industry and governance.
About the Competition
The Young Horticulturist Competition is an annual competition that brings together all sectors of horticulture. Winners from sector competitions come together and compete in a two-day event held in November. The Competition was launched in 2005 and is managed by a voluntary group of industry professionals.
The position involves:
- Approximately 6-8 hours per month, paid
- Receiving correspondence and ensuring it is actioned or forwarded onto the relevant people
- Keeping minutes of all committee, AGM and special general meetings
- Providing notice of all meetings to those entitled to receive them
- Collating reports from the Trust for distribution prior to meetings
- Meeting at the Auckland Botanical Gardens, Manurewa, every 3rd Thursday of every Month
- Any other tasks as required by the committee.
The person we are looking for has:
- A high level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent administration skills and competence in Microsoft (word, excel) and creating pdf's
- Access to their own computer, phone and internet access
- Previous experience in secretariat duties, but not essential.
The role will commence 1st June 2022 prior to Trust Board AGM on May 27th and as always, this role is reappointed each year at the AGM on the committee's recommendation. The Trust will assist whoever is appointed to the role to ensure a smooth transition. Interested parties should send their CV and covering letter to Leanda at firstname.lastname@example.org